GENERAL DISCLAIMER

All the pics displayed in this blogs are from the author's private collection or just snapshots from his private movie collection. Whenever I use another web's or person's pics, it will be always mentioned.

Feel free to use the information or pics showed but please ask for permission or just remember to add the source wherever you use them. THANKS

Todas las fotos mostradas en este blog pertenecen a la colección privada del autor o son capturas de las películas de la misma colección. En caso de usar material de otra persona o web, siempre será mencionada su procedencia.
La información y/o fotos de este blog están a disposición de cualquiera, pero por favor pidan permiso para usarlas o al menos indiquen su procedencia. GRACIAS

sábado, 9 de abril de 2011

Jonathan Isgar & Christine Redmen: Butcher & Victim in Ninja Phantom Hero Usa

Ninja Phantom Hero Usa was the first ninja movie from Filmark I ever seen. I remember my mother rented me a kung fu movie from Asso Asia titled Snake Strikes back & the original trailer of Ninja Phantom was included at the begining of the tape. From that moment on, the faces of Jonathan Isgar, Glen Carson & Christine Redmen were kept on my mind, so just imagine my happiness when I saw Mr Isgar as the main villain in movies like Once Upon a Time in China, The Outlaw Brothers, Undeclared war just mention few of them.


This scene was cut for the american cut of Ninja Phantom Hero Usa

In the other hand, I just met Clarson in other Filmark movies but later...no more. He dissapeared from screen as well as Christine Redmen did. Until I found her out as mere extra in Bloodsport.
Now, thanks to Jonathan Isgar, we know Christine Redmen was from Canada, a backpacker like many people who worked for Filmark who was lucky enough to be found & hired by Filmark casting directors who were always looking for western people through the hostels in Mirador Mansion & Chunking Mansions in Tsim Tsa Tsui.

Once more time, YouTube offers us another full-lengh movie. This time I found Ninja Phantom Hero Usa under its american title Ninja Empire & heavily cut because all the final showdown is dissapeared, including the scene where the evil Morris ( Jonathan Isgar) kills the undercover cop Christine.


Ninja Empire was just a re-edited & cut version of the great ninja phantom hero Usa

I rembember to my dear visitors & friends Ninja Phantom Hero Usa ( aka Ninja Empire) was done using a Hong Kong movie titled Struggle for Leader as main body, sharing some actors from the source movie in the new added shots like the great among greats Ho Pak kwong

2 comentarios:

  1. To answer the million dollar question of "What is Christine Redman doing right now?", I think I may have found the answer!!!!!

    http://www.pw.org/content/christine_redmanwaldeyer

    Ms. Redman (now going by the name of Ms. Redman-Waldeyer) is a full-time college professor and also a writer. She is currently residing in northern NJ.

    Disclaimer: I only THINK this is her. I DO NOT know whether this is indeed the same person!!! This is mere speculation and if this is not the right person, I apologize to Ms. Redman-Waldeyer.

    The resemblance is uncanny though. The two definitely look alike, in my opinion.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Thanks a lot for your comment & link. I have been checking it but I have my doubts about this nice girl is "our" Christine. Filmark Christine should be around 50 right now & Ms Redman-Waldeyer looks like younger.
    I have to check it deeply!

    Thanks again!

    ResponderEliminar